To develop physically and mentally to maximize their unique potential?
Children who attend Martial Arts America are destined to succeed in life because we teach them about goals, self-esteem, discipline and persistence at an early age. More importantly, the traits children learn in our unique program will pay off for the rest of their lives!
Why Should My Child Study The Martial Arts
It's generally accepted that children should be exposed to as many diverse activities as possible to broaden their horizons, help stretch their interests and hone their skills. With the many activities available to today's children, why is martial arts training so important? Actually, there are many reasons. Consider these:
1. Many activities are either seasonal or short lived in nature. They don't give the child the benefit of a long term continuous learning and growing experience.
2. Most sports endeavors deal strictly in physical activities and add very little to mental and personal development.
3. Many activities are team-oriented and while teamwork is certainly important, it doesn't allow for individualized training, systematic personal growth and differences in ability.
4. Competition in many activities can be so fierce that if a child doesn't perform as well as another teammate he/she feels like a loser (which is horrible for self esteem).
5. Many public school or town run activities are sometimes unfair because the reason a child:
a) makes the team b) gets to play a certain position, c) makes the first squad, etc., is because they (or their parents) are friends with the coach or their children. This can be very frustrating to the child and parents as well.
6. Martial arts training, while usually done in groups, allows a child to work, develop, improve and grow at their own pace.
7. Many martial arts programs are extremely motivational in nature. This encourages a child to stay involved for long periods of time, enabling them to reap the benefits of self-accomplishment.
8. Most martial arts programs use a belt ranking system. If broken down properly, it enables a child to have a series of winning experiences, which many doctors and educators agree is essential to improve self-esteem and self-image.
9. Martial arts develop and improve concentration, which can have a major impact on school grades.
10. Martial arts programs emphasize and teach self-discipline which many educators and national leaders believe to be a serious missing element in today's youth.
11. Martial arts teach hand-eye coordination, motor development skills and improve overall coordination, which helps a child in all other physical activities.
12. Martial arts programs teach self-respect and respect for others.
13. Good martial arts programs teach goal setting which becomes a practice for life.
Whatever your reasons or goals for your children,
Martial Arts America can help them to become more physically and mentally fit so they can achieve their full potential
We would like to thank you for a fun and exciting 3 1/2 years. The journey has been challenging and rewarding at the same time. We have endured and overcome physical and mental obstacles with a wonderful result, a young man who has not only accomplished a 1st degree junior black belt but one who has learned life long skills.